Thursday, July 19, 2007

DBK 21AF04.AS arrived

It arrived, the appearance is the same as my DMK31AF03 which I purchased one year ago, but this one has a longer mounting plate, and it's significantly heavier. I think there must be some changes inside the camera, will it be related to the long exposure support?

I did some test with my C mount lenses, all the lenses which I've tested is excellent even in color, they include a Cosmicar 8.5mm f/1.5, a Fujinon 25mm f/1.4 and a Fujinon 75mm f/1.5, they are all color free at maximum aperture.

I did a long exposure test with the Fujinon 75mm at 23s, zero gain and the frame is pretty clean, no processing, no stacking:



Even at high gain, it's cleaner than a ToUcam Pro, cleaner than I imagined.

For high frame rate testing, if I choose BY8 and Y800, 60-62 fps can be attained. If I choose RGB24, I can get around 40-50 fps. However, if I choose Y800, I don't know how to do the Debayering afterward.

On dark frame, I tried 32s which is jet black.

315s exposure (5 minutes 15s), zero gain:-


446s exposure (7 minutes 26s):-


Pretty clean.

631s (10.5 minutes):-


1267s (21 minutes!):-


Forget above the white balance in such a dark place. Finally, a 30 minutes shot, amplifier glow can be seen at the upper left corner, and hot pixels are everywhere. I switched off the two LCDs inside the room to do this test:-



Taken inside a room without light and window, just two LCD from the PC and a few LEDs from different machines, taken with a Fujinon 25mm f/1.5 closed to f/22.

No comments: