Friday, July 10, 2009

20090710 Sun

Typhoon is coming, transparency dropped crazily today and I don't even need a ND3 for imaging with a Herschel wedge. All I used was a green filter plus a polarizer. First up are a few H-alpha images taken with my Solarmax 40/BF10, and then some shots taken with my APM Herschel wedge.

1523 (GMT+8), taken at prime focus of my Ranger:-

1526 (GMT+8), with 2x barlows:-

1535 (GMT+8), white light using green filter and half-polarizer:-


After that, I pulled out my Orion 100mm ED f/9 for some test shots. I have to move my mount to another window to gain access to the sun, but part of the aperture was still blocked, and I couldn't use my DMK as well due to the distant from my PC. I have used my Canon 450D instead, Tele Vue 5x was used:-



Single shot cropped.

No comments: