Sunday, August 31, 2008

20080831 Sun

Seeing is poor at 4/10, transparent very bad at 1-2/10. You know it's very hard to have both so bad at once! Anyway, that's life.

Telescope: Borg 45ED II
Filter: Coronado Solarmax 40 + BF10
Camera: DMK 31AF03

The sky was so foggy that visual observation with a 20mm eyepiece rendered zero detail, computer processing brought some surface detail as well as a small prominence on the top left, around 10-11 O'clock position.

1646 (GMT+8):-


The cloud cover was very uneven in thickness, so I couldn't do a prominence shot due to the fact that part of the sun was overexposed and another part was underexposed.

The sun has been moving slowly to a more favorable angle to my home window, so I shall be able to use my C5/PST setup very soon, maybe after one or two months. Actually, I've tried it today but it's still half blocked by then.

No comments: