Tuesday, July 01, 2008

20080701 Sun

It has been pretty long since the last solar session, probably more than two weeks. I got some limited sunshine today, and it's a public holiday today, so I can take a few shots again. Seeing is like 3-4/10, not bad indeed and transparency is superb like 7/10 to 9/10.

The sun is moving to better position again slowly, so I don't have to extend the dovetail too much out from the window, and I hope that I can soon use the setup without that L-bracket and then I shall be able to test the setup with my 450D. If it's not too bad, it's going to be useful even for daily record during office days lunch break.

Telescope: Borg 45ED II
Filter: Coronado Solarmax 40 with BF10
Camera: DMK 31AF03

1603 (GMT+8), prominence shot:-


1604 (GMT+8), surface detail shot, selectively pushed to show also the prominences:-

No comments: