Wednesday, February 01, 2012

2012-02-01 Short Exposure Imaging

This is to test the tracking of my Mark-X but since the polar alignment is just rough by using my Android phone to point to north and adjust to the latitude of Hong Kong, so I don't expect much.

I was using my Canon 200mm f2.8L, I've taken a series of shots at 15s each since my home sky was very bright so that I cannot do longer.  Stars remain pinpoint and it's a good sign.  On extending the exposure to 30s by lowering the ISO reveals some trail, and it's not unexpected and I guess careful polar alignment will fix the problem.  Having said that, I don't think I should remove the possibility to adjust the trimming capacitor further.

While I'm still downloading DeepSkyStacker, I pulled one of those JPGs to adjust level and crop the following:


Once the downloading finished, I shall try to stack the raws. 

--

Canon 200mm f2.8 wide open, ISO 800, 15s, 14 frames:


No comments: