Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Meade DSX mount arrived

I got the mount which I just bidded from ebay, it's double boxed, and it great shape. This is a brand new mount and it's a new model I can say. It comes with a very nice cradle which is far more elegant to be re-used for other OTA.

The battery compartment is a better fit, and I can see a calculator style lithium battery inside, maybe it can keep the time by itself? But if the Autostar 497 can get it or not? I don't know. Got to check out from the web.

The fit and finish of this mount is obviously better than the old Meade DS/DSX mounts which I owned.

Should give it a test tonight.

--
Post-testing remarks:



1. the mount works!

2. the autostar will fetch time and date from the DSX mount, the battery is really for time keeping, great improvement!

--

Also tried the PST etalon with my Ranger, it won't focus without a 2.5x at the nosepiece of my mirror diagonal, and thus should be similar with a BF10.

No comments: