Tuesday, August 05, 2014

20140805 Mount Initial Orientation

Tonight cloud was floating around, and with Saturn just outside, why not setup my scope?

Initial alignment was simple with my Rigel Quick Finder, but I soon found that there is a problem on tracking, the mount seems to track wrongly in the alt. direction!  I guess the problem was due to the fact that, I placed the mount on the right side!  I guess the Nexstar mount has an assumption that the scope should be placed on the right!

Since transparency was bad, I dare not to do the alignment again.

I guess this might be my last observation from inside home before the windows of my home got fixed, I found it rather terrible to open the window too much now.

--

For even simpler alignment, I will modify my finder bracket to accept my laser pointer shortly.

No comments: