Tuesday, June 02, 2009

20090602 Sun during the short cloud gap

I got it! It was cloudy this morning, I even thought it would rain. After lunch, we had a very short moment when the cloud was partially cleared. I setup my solar gears immediately and took a few AVIs, nearly all of them were suffered from moving cloud, but one of them is okay! So this is the one and only one AVI which could be processed. Guess what, it's totally covered afterward.

Telescope: Tele Vue Ranger with JMI NGF-CM
Camera: The Imaging Source DMK 31AF03.AS
Mount: Meade LXD55
Filter: Coronado Solarmax 40 with BF10
Taken with a 0.5x reducer at the nosepiece of the BF10



When I was about to push up the exposure, I could see two very big prominences but my hands were slower than the cloud, and thus I failed to capture anything afterward.

No comments: