Saturday, March 14, 2009

20090314 Sun

It's totally clear today, the temperature dropped from 25+ degrees to 13 degrees this morning. The strong wind cleared up the sky! Without imaging the sun for one or two weeks, the sun has changed its location relative to my window, so the angle is getting harder now. I'm now waiting for it to come into my view. Later, I will need a longer extension plate to catch the sun from inside my home like those past summers.

--

Seeing extremely bad at 0.1/10, I could see a zigzag pattern around the whole solar disc even at low power (16x), transparency 6/10.

Borg 45ED II, Solarmax 40 with BF10, DMK 31AF03 tracked by a LXD55:-

1313 (GMT+8):-


1314 (GMT+8):-


I also got some visual view with my 20mm widescan type III, several rather big prominences were around, but due to the poor seeing, I didn't do any close up. The biggest one is faint, but it shows very fine detail.

No comments: