Wednesday, December 23, 2009

20091223 Sun

The sun is on a good show today, but the sky does not cooperates. Seeing very poor at 1/10, transparency is hard to rate, but I would say it's like 2/10, cloud keep moving. Actually, I should give up but knowing that the sun is active these days, I must catch every little chance. For 99.5%, there's cloud moving and the solar disc keeps popping into the view and disappearing on my computer LCD.

1542 (GMT+8):-


1543 (GMT+8):-


1556 (GMT+8), overexposured, and poor Tmax position:-


Anyway, just a record.

Due to the poor sky, I pulled out my TG-SP II to how it compares with my LXD55. Of course, the LXD55 is far more stable and the dual-axis slewing is great for indoor usage, it's just so convenient. Considering that I won't be able to sell it for much money, I'd rather keep it. The cost for keeping it is so low, and it's just convenient, accurate enough for low power solar imaging.

No comments: