Saturday, October 11, 2014

20141011 Sun

Today, I used my Asus Eee 1005HA for image capturing since my Dell all-in-one PC was occupied by my wife.

My Eee has a new battery which allows over 7 hours of continuous usage.  Given it could be placed near to the telescope, focusing is far more accurate.  Drop frame is a must, but it's not a major issue either.

Seeing 5/10, transparency like 0-6/10.  We got quite a large amount of moving cloud, thick enough to block everything but we have some sizable cloud gaps.

First one was taken at 1233 (GMT+8), prime focus:-


Then, we have another one at 1235 (GMT+8), with 2x barlows:-

Finally, we have another one at 1241 (GMT+8), with 2x barlows, using drift and expand to allow bigger field of view:-

I'm being inconsistent in making these false colors obviously.

No comments: