Friday, August 13, 2010

Perseids 2010

I did nothing basically, just setup my camera, pull my curtain to cover the camera from indoor lighting. Start the timer release, and let it go for 3 hours. The weather report said that it could rain so I kept my window closed, so I was taking picture through the dirty window glass. And worst yet, the reflection from outdoor lighting even washed out some more contrast, dimmer meteor could render invisible.

Under my heavily light polluted sky, I was forced to stay at 35s exposure each at f/3.5 ISO 400. I did capture some stars and aereplane trails, but there's nothing else. Maybe south-west is not a good direction afterall?

This morning, I examined all the frames but found nothing. Local folks reported a few meteors and one of them said it was the worst Perseids that he has ever seen.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=194199&id=700747262&l=b6a53a3bde

No comments: