Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Going for Astrotrac TT320X-AG?

I begin to wonder if it could be a good move to me, and before that, I'll be selling my Takahashi TG-SP II. The TT320X-AG is lighter in weight but it can probably track even my Orion 100ED f/9 since it has more capacity, so I can do planet imaging again. It has autoguiding port for future expansion, and it's also good enough for indoor tracking of the sun. My existing Manfrotto 410 head should be great for polar alignment of it.

The downside is probably the power requirement. The TG-SP II can be powered even from the USB port, and it can even work on 4 AA rechargeable. However, the Astrotrack would need 12V which means more battery.

I shall see, and at the time being, if you're interested in my TG-SP II, let me know. I've the basic mount plus an extra brass counter weight for it, a power cable which draws power from USB port, a battery box and also a German made Vixen style dovetail saddle. An advertisement has been placed in astromart, wish me good luck on the sales.

No comments: