Sunday, September 07, 2008

20080907 Sun

Seeing not *very* bad at 3/10, trasparency very low at 2/10 at best, could be worse. Sun remained inactive, but we have a couple of medium sized prominences if you looked carefully.

First few are taken with a Borg 45ED II, Coronado Solarmax 40 with BF10, DMK 31AF03 firewire monochrome camera.

1542 (GMT+8), on pushing, you can see a prominence:-


1544 (GMT+8), pushing the exposure, an even dimmer one can be found on the other quadrant:-


1548 (GMT+8), a Tele Vue 2x is used to push the image scale:-


And then I switched to my C5/PST setup, but due to the wider bandwidth, the resolution increase cannot offset the loss in contrast due to the poor sky:-

1556 (GMT+8):-


1559 (GMT+8), target for surface detail, even worse:-


Despite the poor sky, the session today told me that my C5/PST based setup can be used again indoor due to the change of the position of the sun from inside my home. A good thing indeed.

No comments: