Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Money on Astronomy

I've spent well over 10k USD in astronomy in around 10 years, but I feel my current equipments are stll quite disorganized, and there are still quite many things which my existing stuff cannot do well.

Among this 10K USD, around 1K is lost due to equipment selling, 1K is used for books and magazines.

I've 2.5 refractors, and an SCT... one of the refractors is no longer actively used but it has a special place in my heart.

I've 3 mounts, and two camera heads... one of the mounts is no longer actively used.

I've a four filtering systems for the sun: two H-alpha, one CaK and one white light.

I've two cameras for planet imaging, one color and one monochromatic, and the monochromatic one can be used for simple deep sky imaging, too.

What I need to compelete the puzzle:-

1. A DSLR and a couple of lenses to take wide field shots, some deep sky works

2. A better medium duty GEM to be used with my half-share of Sky90, be it a Tak EM10, or Vixen Sphinx, or whatever

But will it come to an end afterward? I am sure not, but it will certainly be the last few pieces for a complete setup, what I meant by complete is, I can do nearly whatever thing I wanted.

No comments: