Friday, January 04, 2019

Canon 24mm f2.8 STM and Canon 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 USM

Since I've started some simple astrophotography during my camping trips, I gathered enough reason to re-organized my lens line-up finally.

What was missing from my collection is a really wide angle lens.  I have been using a 8mm f3.5 manual fisheye lens for that purpose before, but then it has limited usage during day time, and it is a little bit too wide if I have only one lens.  You took a few shots and those will cover the whole sky!

Therefore, a 10-22mm or a 10-18mm is always in the wanted list.  Today, I get a great 2nd hand deal on a Canon 10-22mm, the lens is aged but it works.


And for ultimate portability, I got another nice deal of a brand new pancake Canon 24mm f2.8 lens a couple of days ago, too!


Vignetting is rather heavy if it was used wide open, but for the price, its size and weight, it is a must have other than my existing 50mm f1.8 lens.

Let's see how they work out.

No comments: