Monday, June 13, 2016

GOTO Mark-X further modifications

It could be the only mount that I had, and could hold a bigger OTA!

I took the controller out, and modify it a bit to accept center positive power cord, and I could power it via my USB to 9V cable.  The current draw is about the same as it states, less than 200mA.  Funny is that, if you pause the motor, the current draw is maximum.  4X speed does not increase the power drain, too.



So, I also pulled out my Sky Adventurer base to fit them together.  I've used a simple tripod quick release base to match the 1/4" of the Mark-X, and it's a perfect fit.


No more need to use that 410 geared head for this purpose, this is also lighter and more accurate.  If I buy a strong tripod, plus adding a counter weight mechanism, it could take a C8, I believe.

Guess what, I always want a C8 after selling it.  But right now, I don't think I have the time and energy to have one yet, or otherwise, I will buy one immediately.

No comments: