Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A new member


I always love my trusty Canon 10x30 IS, it's so portable and powerful... even its rubber coating was damaged by the DEET a few years ago.

I got a good deal recently on a Canon 18x50 IS!  I had always been looking for something like that, for example, I suffered from a broken Canon 15x50 IS before from ebay which costs me the return shipping cost and so much frustration!  Finally, this is a local deal which is about perfect!

IS works very nicely and with the higher power and the heavier weight, I expect it won't be as great as the Canon 10x30 IS for the stability, but the added aperture, and the far higher power is going to shine!

Longing to use it in the field!

I guess it will be a great partner to be used with wild camping trips.

--

2016/3/27 night:-

The sky cleared up a bit with transparency 3/10, I picked it up for some scanning from inside my home.

I saw nothing when I pointed it to the muddy sky.  However, after engaging the IS, stars popped up from the view, and the stars are pinpoint!  I could see the subtle color differences between stars, but then there is no chromatic aberration except on a few brightest stars, but I suspect they might be from atmospheric dispersion or effect of poor seeing.

I am pleasantly surprised by its optical quality.  High power scanning with image stabilization is just fantastic! 

No comments: