Thursday, July 23, 2020

Comet C/2020 F3 Neowise

I got it finally, after one more un-recorded failed attempt, so after four failed attempts, I got it.


200mm f2.8 ISO 800 8s cropped, 23 frames stacked.

This is the first time I really took an image of a comet, and this is also the first time I really process the image of a comet.

Another version: 105mm f4 ISO1600 6s slightly cropped, 8 frames stacked.



**************************************************

****************** Some more results pending..........

**************************************************

Waiting for the sky to get darker.



Got it with my Canon 24-100mm f4.


And then I pulled out my Canon 200mm f2.8 to capture some more close up, while waiting, I took this selfie with my setup, 8kg total which includes:

Canon 70D
Canon 24-105mm f4
Canon 200mm f2.8
Velbon tripod
Sky adventurer
Canon 10x30 IS for visual observation


The comet tail was apparent with my Canon 10x30 IS, the site was very bright as shown in the above picture, and so I couldn't see the comet with naked eyes.  Actually, only a few stars could be seen with naked eyes.  But once it's located with the binoculars, it's easy to point at it.

No comments: