Wednesday, March 06, 2019

A new backpack

I am inspired by a local youtuber so that I want to try out hiking plus photography, probably even astrophotography!

I therefore need a good backpack for this purpose.  I want a backpack which will allow me to take basic camera and lenses, a small tripod, and more importantly, a hydration bladder so that I can hike with it.  The one which I choose is the Lowepro Photo Sport 200 AW.


I choose this backpack because it looks like a hiking backpack more than a camera backpack.  For my purpose, photography is not the key point.  Being able to take a camera body plus two lenses are probably enough for me.  In the above picture, we have a Canon 70D with Canon 10-22mm attached, and a Canon 100-400mm lens on the side.  Notice that the bag will not take a Canon 70D with the Canon 100-400mm attached.

Finding a camera backpack with a hydration bladder is not easy, and this is one of the exceptions.  The hydration bladder compartment can hold a laptop alternatively!  It makes this bag useful for daily purpose as well.



The top compartment could be used to take other personal stuff, like food and maybe a small tripod, or rain jacket.  This is important for hiking trip.  The weather also features a built-in rain cover!  The hip belt has two small pockets for some minor stuff, like a power bank for mobile phone, etc.



Finally, there is a outside sleeve for some small items like your hat, and so on... for quick grab!


Really wanted to see how it works out in the field.  I'll do more hiking and photography trip during the summer, when camping is too hot to be an option.

Let's see how it works out, the usability and comfort is yet to be tried out.

No comments: