Tuesday, May 30, 2017

20170530 Dragon Boat Festival Imaging

Again, I went back to that playground last night.

No wind tonight, better seeing... I guess around 6/10.

I setup the Nexstar in the wrong direction, I thought it will work, but then it fails to track properly, in short, it tracked with exactly opposite direction.  I believe two points alignment would do, but since I do only solar system alignment, so it won't know unless the initial position is fixed.

At first I guess there might be something wrong, and I redo the alignment but things kept on wrong.  Finally, I reversed the mounting direction of the tube, and thing got right by then.

There were no visible bright star on the sky due to the heavy light pollution, so I don't have any good target for collimation, I couldn't use high power diffraction pattern on dim stars.  So I just randomly picked a star, defocus a bit and collimate briefly with it.

I setup my scope where there were many flying insects, and my head was buried in the plants during alignment, so bad.  So I really have no mood on doing good collimation or focusing.

Moon at prime focus, 1319 UT


Jupiter with 3x barlows, 1330 UT, 150% resized


Jupiter at 1330 and 1332 UT, C5 with 3x:-



Nexstar mount, C5, 3x GSO barlows, ASI 120mc camera with my trusty and cheapy Teclast tablet.

No comments: