Sunday, May 20, 2012

Annular Eclipse Planning and Execution

Transportation: N216 Overnight bus

Target location: Tsim Sha Tsui (Star Avenue)

The sun will be going up with the moon at 5:41, so I should better get there before 5:30 since I will need some time to setup my tripod.  And if I want to take along with my EQ mount, I will need even earlier.

Going out before 5:00 seems a must.

Annular eclipse would be from 6:06 to 6:10am

Eclipse ends at 7:16am when the sun is hanging at around 20 degrees.

Equipments:

Canon 100-400mm with 450D on a fixed tripod, Baader 3.8

If there is a high chance for cloud penetrating shot, the Canon 200mm f2.8 might be good.

For landscape shots, my kit lens might be nice too?  Fisheye seems too wide to see the eclipsed sun?

--

Weather very bad, extremely windy but no rain.





I think of a modified quote:

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Skill will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Equipment will not; the world is full of powerful idling equipments.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

You know why?  It's very real especially when the key is about timing, or in Chinese: 時不利兮。

No comments: