Monday, April 27, 2009

Existing solar equipments

The PST OTA was left idle after removing the etalon module. Today, I tried and concluded that the PST etalon module is pretty parfocal, what I mean is that, on adding it and removing it, the amount of focus travel is negligible (within 5mm), therefore, the PST should be able to reach focus without it. Of course, it's not going to work for solar observation since the etalon is missing, but how about if I put a Solarmax 40 in the front?

I can't think of any reason why it won't work, the bandwidth should be tighter too! Therefore, I guess if I ever sell my Solarmax 40 and BF10, I can bundle the PST as a part of a value added package while I keep the PST etalon for other purpose. Seems like a Maxscope 40 on the cheap.

I should take some solar shots with this setup!

No comments: