Thursday, April 30, 2009

Attaching a small EQ mount on the window frame?

I have always been thinking how to put my mount closer to the window, the closer my mount to the window, the more field of view that I got get. A pier should be perfect, but such a small pier might need tailor making and it would become very expensive.

Today, I saw a few screw holes on the window frame, so I wonder if I could attach a small EQ mount there? Let say my Takahashi TG-SP II, it's small but it's powerful enough even to hold my C5, and yesterday night, I actually tried to put that Orion 100ED OTA there and it works. Frankly, the C5 is like 6lb and the Orion is like 7lb only but it's longer, so it's not too surprising to see that it works.

Therefore, I shall see if I can find suitable mounting hardware when I got more time. At the first glance, it should be feasible.

No comments: