Monday, April 20, 2009

20090420 Sun

Equipment failure! It's one of the most terrible thing that you can see when you see your target is there, but you cannot do anything!

I pulled out my notebook immediately... After all the connection, things were ready. My notebook is too slow that I can only get around 10 fps instead of the usual 30 fps with my desktop. Anyway, it's better than no imaging.

Seeing 3/10, transparency 2/10, taken with my Borg 45ED II, Solarmax 40 with BF10, DMK 31AF03.AS with Meade LXD55. Featureless basically.

1549 (GMT+8):-


Later, I found that my PC has its 1394 getting loose... I removed the plug and put it back, no use... and then I shaked the plug inside its socket, it works... This is the setup which I used:



My notebook has only one 4-pin 1394 port which does not deliver power (vs. 6-pin), so I have to hook a 12V SLA to the 1394 hubs to give the power to the camera.

BTW, this shot is processed with Registax 5.

No comments: