Thursday, October 08, 2026

20261007 The Double Cluster NGC 869 + NGC 884 and Comet 161P

The sky was not so good, but acceptable.

Hope to get around an hour of exposure on the Double Clusters.


And then 161P which is rather low in the sky, just a few degrees above the nearby trees.  I will try to capture as long as I could.  I don't know whether if it's feasible with the small S30 but why not give it a trial?

On capturing it, I found that it reaches it's highest point during this time of the day!  It's slightly off the location indicated by the S30 but then it's still within the field of view, I'm surprised to be able to capture another comet with it.

My first comet hunting was so difficult.

Finally, swinged to Almach for twenty minutes, unable to split this tight double.

No comments: