Wednesday, March 05, 2008

20080305 Sun

I am on sick leave today, but that does not stop me from having a short look. Setting up everything inside home is not a hard job anyway, and it took some time for the medicine to take its sleepy side-effect, so I asked myself, why not have a look?

Seeing is very bad at 2/10, transparency 7/10.

Telescope: Borg 45ED II
Filter: Coronado Solarmax 40/BF10
Camera: DMK 31AF03

Today, I tried to use slightly less exposure than I would use normally, to see if that helps to reduce the sweat spot issue during processing - leaving some room for me to stretch the curve could hide the sweat spot better, let's see how it works out.

1322 (GMT+8), it seems like it's not as serious, but I guess I can push the exposure a little more, try it next time:-



1323 (GMT+8), those prominences are very nice to look at with eyes, but I'm not skillful enough to capture them:-



Due to the poor seeing, I didn't use a barlow. And I also take out my APM Herschel Wedge plus the Baader CaK to take a simple full disc CaK, of course, nothing special there since there's no active region on the surface. Two different shots, with two different style of processing:-

1327 (GMT+8), you can see some activity near the top:-


1328 (GMT+8):-


Finally, I also took my binoviewer out. I immediately missed this feeling, visual observation is always the king, no photograph can reproduce such a feeling at all. There's less contrast, but the prominences are never as great as seen with my eyes. I promised myself to observe more with my binoviewer from now on.

No comments: